Apple recently launched their brand new iPhone 8 in their keynote event in September. It was a very surprising launch for Apple as they had never skipped a series before. Generally, speaking the iPhone 8 is technically the iPhone 7S, but weirdly Apple decided to rename it as the iPhone 8 for some reason and its worth is around 60000 to 75000. The device has a slew of innovations and tricks up its sleeve, so let’s look into a detailed Apple iPhone 8 specifications.
Display: The iPhone 8 retains the display of the iPhone 7 but add a few improvements upon it. The specifications for the display are as follows:
- Size: 4.7 inches
- Panel: LED-backlit IPS LCD
- Protection: Ion-strengthened glass with oleophobic coating
- Resolution: 750 x 1334 pixels, 326 ppi
- Colours: 16.7 Million
- Contrast Ratio: 1395:1
- Other Features: 3D Touch, True Tone Colour Technology, HDR10 and Dolby vision support.
The biggest change here is the true tone colour support which was borrowed from the iPad. It adjusts the colour automatically according to the ambient light so that you have even tones at all times.
Camera: Apple has heavily worked upon the processing software behind the iPhone 8 and as a result it has the highest DxO mark score for a single camera setup among any phone.
- Camera Resolution: 12 MP
- Aperture: f/1.8, 28mm
- Focusing Technology: Phase detection autofocus and OIS
- Flash: Quad LED Dual Tone Flash
- Video: 4K video @ Max 60fps, 1080p@ max 240fps
- Resolution: 7MP FaceTime Camera
- Aperture: f2.2
- Video: 1080p @ max 30fps, 720p @ max 240 fps
- Other Features: Face detection, HDR, Panorama
Hardware & Software: The iPhone 8 shares the same CPU as the much more expensive iPhone X. And it’s the fastest Processor currently in the market and is about 25% faster than the A10X Fusion chip in the iPad.
It also get the brand new iOS 11 update which brings a ton of features like the new redesigned control centre, 3D emoji with Facebook and Snapchat which uses face tracking to render accurate expressions of your facial movements and a whole new App Store.
- CPU: A11 Bionic, 6 Core (4x Mistral+2x Monsoon)
- GPU: Apple Tri-Core GPU
- Storage: 64 or 256GB, non-expandable
- RAM: 2GB DDR4
- OS: iOS 11
- Messaging: iMessage, MMS, email and push email.
- Browsing: Safari (HTML5)
- Others: Apple Pay, iCloud Service, Weather App, document Editor, audio/video player.
Connectivity: Apart from the 3.5mm headphone jack, apple has a loaded device in terms of connectivity. However you can but a lightning to 3.5mm converter from them and use existing headphones following the 3.5mm format.
- Network Support: 4G LTE, 3G (HSPA) and 2G (GSM)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, MiMO
- Bluetooth: v5.0 with A2DP and LE
- USB: Apple proprietary reversible lightning connector
- NFC Support: Apple Pay only
- GPS Support: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS and GALILEO
Battery: The Battery is actually smaller than the iPhone 7 which had a rating of 1960mAh (7.45Wh) so it might have slightly lower battery life than the iPhone 7.
- Type: Lithium ION (Li-ION)
- Rating: 1821mAh (6.96 Wh)
- Other: Quick Charge support
- Endurance: 66 Hours
If we look at iphone 8 specs and price, it has shares of up’s and down’s but if you’re already using an iPhone 6S or later, then upgrading won’t bring you too much in the way of new features since the iOS 11 update is rolling out from iPhone 5S to later devices in Apple’s line-up.